This recipe is our Easter (or any Holiday!) standby! Its a simple and delicious recipe. Try pairing it with roasted ramp (or green onions) and a fresh salad.
- 1 leg of lamb (figure 1/2lb of lamb per person - so for a 6 person dinner you'd need at least a 3 lb roast)
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- Olive Oil
- Slice garlic into slivers and pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Trim excess fat off of roast and pat dry. (note: you don't want to trim all the fat off-when you slow roast this will help keep the meat tender!)
- Take your knife and stick into the roast and insert slivers of garlic into each cut (For a video of how to do this click here <insert link>)
- Repeat this process for all sides of the roast
- Coat the roast with salt and pepper and rub in.
- Place roast on a roasting rack
- Place in 450 degree oven for 5 min, then turn the oven down to 325 degrees.
- Roast for 40 min-2 hrs depending on the size. Roasting time is approx. 20 minutes plus 20min/lb of meat. **So for a 3lb roast, you would roast it for (20 min+60 min) around 1hr and 20 min.**
- Remove from oven and let rest at least 10 min.
- Carve and serve!